We all have faith issues sometimes.
Faith vs. Doubt
Faith deals with what you can’t see, while doubt deals with what you can.
It sounds confusing, but Faith tells you that something that hasn’t happened or that can’t be seen, will be.
Doubt says that because of what you see or because of what has already happened, things won’t be.
Faith As A Gift
It has been said that faith is a gift from God and there is no way to increase it. ¬†While I agree with the first part of this statement, the second part is not true.
So then, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. ~Romans 10:17
So what does this mean?
Can Faith Grow?
Well, we have all been given a certain measure of faith by God (Romans 12:3), but our faith can grow. (Luke 17:21, Mark 4:24) ¬†However that growing is not in the sense of more or less. ¬†Instead it is in the sense of being of quality.
The question is not, “How much faith do I have?” as much as it is, “Is my faith strong?”
Without strong faith, doubt creeps in and exposes us to troubles and fears in our lives.
Steps To Take
There are steps that can be taken to help with this process.
We have to hear, read, or speak the word of God because these actions produce a hearing in our minds that are needed for faith to come.
So when dealing with doubt¬†of any sort, it is good for us to have the tools ready and available to usher in faith.
- Hear the Word
- Read the Word
- Speak the Word
10 Scriptures to use…
Here are the 10 scriptures to use in these times of doubt.
- No Shame–¬†For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”¬†Romans 10:11
- You Are Loved–¬†See, I have inscribed you on the psalms of My hands…¬†Isaiah 49:17,¬†But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.¬† Matthew 10:30
- Delivered From All Fear–¬†I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.¬†Psalm 34:4
- Drawing Near–¬†Draw near to God and he will draw near to you,…¬†James 4:8
- He Hears You– I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill. Selah¬†Psalm 3:4
- He Is With You–¬†Have I not commanded you? ¬†Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.¬†Joshua 1:9
- He Cares For You– …casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.¬†1 Peter5:7
- Peace & Safety–¬†I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.¬†¬†Psalm 4:8
- He Gives Wisdom–¬†If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.¬†James 1: 5
- He Protects Those Who Love Him–¬†Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.¬†Psalm 91:14
After reading these Scriptures, you should not only find that your faith is a bit stronger, but you should also find that you have more confidence in who God is and how much He cares for you.
Read these Scriptures daily…
Think about them…
Say them out loud…
This is how you will overcome doubt with your faith.